No openings at this time.
See Substitute Teacher position above in general openings.
See Substitute Teacher position above in general openings.
Montessori Assistants (2 Classroom Assistants and 1 Reading Intervention Assistant, and JH/PE Assistant) -- apply online --
Reports to: Lead Teacher
Compensation: compensation is hourly.
The role of the Montessori Assistant is to assist the Lead Teacher in preparing and maintaining the environment in which the Montessori approach to education is implemented. Key Duties and Responsibilities Work collaboratively with staff to develop and implement a curriculum that follows the Montessori philosophy. Represent the school mission, vision and goals to parents and members of the community in a positive and supportive manner.
Assist Lead Teacher to prepare and maintain a clean, orderly and attractive Montessori classroom.
• Engage students in maintaining the indoor and outdoor environment as appropriate.
• Care for materials, keeping them complete, clean, beautiful, and accessible to children.
• Keep environment, storage area and supplies clean, neat and organized.
• Regularly rotate, update and expand materials to correspond to student needs.
• Make, repair and/or replace classroom materials as needed.
Share responsibility for the daily safety, well-being and supervision of students. Demonstrate respect, kindness and rapport with all students.
Assist Lead Teacher to prepare for Parent Gatherings parents in the fall and spring of each year.
Assist in preparing written student evaluation of each child’s academic, social, and physical development to share with families during conferences.
Respond promptly and professionally in communication with parents and staff.
Attend and participate in staff meetings, school events, field trips and training opportunities.
Assist with parent education and outreach, including monthly newsletter articles, blog posts, and parent education workshops.
Adhere to professional standards as an educator for the purpose of maintaining quality and excellence. Work with other staff to maintain professional relationships of support and respect.
Complete an annual evaluation and review with the Lead Teacher and Administration.
Be responsible for annual continuing education and professional development requirements.
Report all accidents or unusual situations to Directress and submit a dated Accident Report in student file.
Notify administration in a timely manner of personal or professional difficulties with school, families, students or staff, and work with them to resolve such problems.
The Montessori Assistant shall perform his/her duties subject to the general supervision and direction of the Lead Teacher, and shall abide by all reasonable rules, regulations and policies set forth in the Student and Staff Handbooks.
Character Qualities All staff members strive for the following characteristics in their work: excellence, competence, innovation, collaboration, respect, resourcefulness, flexibility and accountability.
Custodian / Maintenance Person -- apply online --
1. High school diploma
2. Minimum experience as determined by the Board in plant operation and maintenance, cleaning methods and procedures, repairs, security, heating and ventilation, care of carpet, cleaning, housekeeping, and proper handling of hazardous materials
3. Is familiar with material safety data sheets and asbestos abatement documents
4. Ability to perform long periods of standing; walking; climbing; stooping; kneeling; bending and twisting at the neck and trunk; moving of furniture; pushing/pulling items such as tables, bleachers, and scrubbing machines; frequent lifting of objects weighing up to fifty pounds and occasionally move objects weighing up to ninety pounds; and climbing ladders
5. Ability to use hands and fingers to handle or feel objects, to reach above the head and reach forward, to grasp tools
6. Ability and willingness to do general cleaning and minor repairs
8. Works well under pressure and deadlines
9. Works well with students and staff
10. Excellent interpersonal, communication, and organizational skills
11. Maintain confidentiality of staff and students
Primary Responsibility To:
To provide students and staff with safe, clean, and comfortable school environment.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
--Inspecting Facilities and Readying them for Use--
1. Open and close the building each day and determine, before leaving, that all doors and windows are secured, and all appropriate lights are turned off
2. Check daily to ensure that all exit doors are open and all panic bolts are working properly during the hours of building occupancy
3. Operate heat, ventilation, and air conditioning systems to provide temperatures appropriate to the season and to ensure economical use of fuel, water, and electricity
4. Conduct an ongoing program of general and preventative maintenance, upkeep, and repair, making minor repairs and reporting major repair needs, unsafe situation, vandalism, or other damage to school property promptly to the Building Principal and/or Superintendent.
5. Move furniture or equipment within the building as required for various activities and as directed
--Other Building Maintenance--
1. Clean classrooms, offices, the library, and the faculty room daily including dust mopping, vacuuming, dusting, and emptying waste baskets in these areas
2. Clean corridors after each school day, and during the day when their condition requires it
3. Clean and sanitize bathroom fixtures and floors daily, and replenish paper and soap supplies as needed
4. Clean and sanitize all fixtures including telephones, door handles, and drinking fountains daily
5. Clean the gymnasium/kitchen areas after use
6. Clean all windows on both the inside and outside as scheduled
7. Identify maintenance problems and report larger problems to the appropriate person in a timely manner
8. Keep maintenance closets in a clean and tidy condition
9. Use supplies and chemicals properly and safely according to instructions on the labels of the manufacturer’s containers
1. Keep the building premises, including sidewalks, driveways, and play areas neat and clean at all times
2. Shovel, plow, salt, and sweep sidewalks, steps, driveways, and parking areas as necessary
3. Display the U.S. flag during school hours on days when school is in session
4. Perform grounds-keeping chores including grass cutting, tree trimming, leaf raking, and removal of litter
5. Perform summer work to include such tasks as cleaning out rain gutters and painting
1. Communicate information and needed repairs to Building Principal/Superintendent
2. Obey all federal and state law, administrative rules, and Board policy pertaining to plant operation, fire, safety, and environment
3. Comply with all federal and state law, administrative rules, and Board policy pertaining to the storage and disposal of recyclables, trash, waste, and debris
4. Maintain and prepare work related records and reports as directed
5. Inform the Building Principal/Superintendent of replacements in advance of need
6. Keep maintenance closets in a clean and tidy condition
7. May be required to wear a standard uniform selected by the district for security purposes
8. Remain on school premises for entire shift
9. Keep an inventory of supplies and equipment and inform the Building Principal/Superintendent of replacements in advance of need
10. Assume responsibility for his or her continuing professional growth and development through such efforts as attendance at inservices
11. Seek assistance should emergencies arise
12. Represent the school district in a positive manner
13. Know and follow school district policy and chain of command
14. Perform other duties as assigned
Performance of this position will be evaluated annually by the Building Principal in conformance with federal and state law, administrative rules, and Board policy.
Terms of Employment:
This position shall be considered in all respects “employment at will”. The “employment period” and other descriptions and terms set forth in this job description shall not create a property right for the employee. These are set forth only to advise the employee of when and what type of services will be required by the district so long as the employment continues.