No openings at this time.
See Substitute Teacher position above in general openings.
High School Secretary/Registrar -- apply online --
• High school diploma or General Education Degree
• Previous secretarial experience to include: Knowledgeable about word processing, data bases, spread sheets, and reports as determined by the Board
• Demonstrated proficiency in data processing and use of automated office equipment and software packages.
• Ability to gather and analyze statistical data and generate reports.
• Demonstrated knowledge of admissions, enrollment, and student records for an educational organization.
• Knowledge of student retention issues.
• Skill in organizing resources and establishing priorities.
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
• Able to work under pressure and deadlines
• Maintain confidentiality of staff and students.
To assist the principal and staff in the efficient operation of the school so a maximum positive impact can be made on the education of secondary school students. To carry out all secretarial and clerical duties necessary for the smooth and efficient operation of the office. To provide information about the school leading to the enrollment of students and maintenance of student records.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
• Receive and route incoming calls and correspondence
• Assist, log in, and direct visitors to the school
• Meet with newly enrolled students and parents in person to review forms and explain the enrollment and planning process
• Register students and set up permanent records entering student demographics and all other needed information
• Assist with the collection of all paperwork by responding to specific questions during the form completion process, and follow up on missing forms until file is complete
• Review, compile, and update student credentials needed for admissions status, and monitor progress of applicants
• Coordinate the preparation and distribution of school publications pertaining to admissions and enrollment
• Assist in all admissions’ special events such as open house, career day, orientations, and high school tours, as assigned
• Respond to requests for public information about the district's admissions and enrollment policies and programs
• Speak at public meetings and with groups of students and teachers on matters related to the district's admissions programs and policies as requested by the administrator.
• Schedule appointments and conferences as requested by teachers/administrator.
• Arrange meetings, prepare agendas, and handle follow up activities as necessary In the absence of a school nurse, administer medications to students according to school policy Supervise students in emergency situations, attend to ill or hurt students in the absence of a school nurse, and administer basic first aid and contact parents as instructed
• Develop and maintain recordkeeping systems and procedures
• Oversee grade and transcript processing
• Maintain academic records, verify enrollment, coordinate graduation, and implement applicable student policies in accordance with accreditation standards and federal and state law, administrative rules, and Board policy pertaining to privacy.
• Compile statistical information and prepare reports
• May monitor academic standing, coordinate probation and suspension actions.
• Maintain accurate enrollment and attendance records for various reports and forward to the district clerk as needed
• Send student records as requested by schools and promptly request newly enrolled student records from other schools
• Mail transcripts to colleges and universities and in providing verifications for jobs and social security.
• Review and compile student admission applications and related documents Prepare such documents as reports, staff duty rosters, correspondence, and handbooks
• Work with College and Career Advisor to help students, parents, and faculty on academic advising procedures, as well as financial aid policies, procedures, and eligibility requirements for college.
• Coordinate the grade petition process, and respond to inquiries concerning academic performance
• May coordinate the acceptance and receipt of fees
• Provide administrative support, which may include scheduling meetings and events, maintaining various office files, initiating and drafting correspondence, and other related duties
• Assume responsibility for his or her continuing professional growth and development by attendance at in-services or trainings
• Seek assistance should emergencies arise
• Call and schedule substitute teachers and prepare their timesheets
• Maintain a well organized, up to date filing system
• Operate equipment, such as computers, copiers, intercom systems, calculators, laminators, telephone systems, and scanners
• Represent the school district in a positive manner
• Know and follow school district policy and chain of command
• Exercise administrative authority and perform such tasks as may be delegated by the building principal
• Keep immediate supervisor informed of activities and any issues that may arise
• Attend faculty meetings as required
• Perform other duties as assigned
Performance of this position will be evaluated annually by the Administrator in conformance with federal and state law, administrative rules, and Board policy.
Terms of Employment
This position shall be considered in all respects “employment at will”. The “employment period” and other descriptions and terms set forth in this job description shall not create a property right for the employee. These are set forth only to advise the employee of when and what type of services will be required by the district so long as the employment continues.
Please provide the following for consideration in the posted position.
1. Letter of Application/Interest
2. Application online - https://www.applitrack.com/rmckenna/onlineapp/
3. Authorization for Release of Information on Past Employment with School Employers Idaho Code 33-1210
5. Copies of Transcripts
6. Placement File or Three Letters of Recommendation
7. Copy of Current Teaching Certificate
Please direct questions to Dennis Wilson, Superintendent, by calling (208) 580-2449 or email him at [email protected]
See Substitute Teacher position above in general openings.
Classroom Teacher Assistant -- apply online --
Reports to: Lead Teacher
Compensation: compensation is hourly, and based on experience
The role of the Montessori Assistant is to assist the Lead Teacher in preparing and maintaining the environment in which the Montessori approach to education is implemented. Key Duties and Responsibilities Work collaboratively with staff to develop and implement a curriculum that follows the Montessori philosophy. Represent the school mission, vision and goals to parents and members of the community in a positive and supportive manner.
Assist Lead Teacher to prepare and maintain a clean, orderly and attractive Montessori classroom.
• Engage students in maintaining the indoor and outdoor environment as appropriate.
• Care for materials, keeping them complete, clean, beautiful, and accessible to children.
• Keep environment, storage area and supplies clean, neat and organized.
• Regularly rotate, update and expand materials to correspond to student needs.
• Make, repair and/or replace classroom materials as needed.
Share responsibility for the daily safety, well-being and supervision of students. Demonstrate respect, kindness and rapport with all students.
Assist Lead Teacher to prepare for Parent Gatherings parents in the fall and spring of each year.
Assist in preparing written student evaluation of each child’s academic, social, and physical development to share with families during conferences. Respond promptly and professionally in communication with parents and staff.
Attend and participate in staff meetings, school events, field trips and training opportunities.
Assist with parent education and outreach, including monthly newsletter articles, blog posts, and parent education workshops.
Adhere to professional standards as an educator for the purpose of maintaining quality and excellence. Work with other staff to maintain professional relationships of support and respect.
Complete an annual evaluation and review with the Lead Teacher and Administration.
Be responsible for annual continuing education and professional development requirements.
Report all accidents or unusual situations to Directress and submit a dated Accident Report in student file.
Notify administration in a timely manner of personal or professional difficulties with school, families, students or staff, and work with them to resolve such problems.
The Montessori Assistant shall perform his/her duties subject to the general supervision and direction of the Lead Teacher, and shall abide by all reasonable rules, regulations and policies set forth in the Student and Staff Handbooks.
All staff members strive for the following characteristics in their work: excellence, competence, innovation, collaboration, respect, resourcefulness, flexibility and accountability.